Monday, March 5, 2012

Words about our weekend, but no pictures because at the time of pubIication I can't find my memory card

Well. The people have spoken and an overwhelming 2 of you want me to leave the blog in its current form. After I read Mrs. Joyce and Mrs. Beverly's comments what kind of person would I be if I made the blog private and ran the risk of them not being able to read it? A stupid person considering they think I could write a book. I am pretty sure the only other person on earth that thinks that is my mother (and lets face it- mothers are obligated to think their kids can do anything). But on the bright side, when I am blissfully unemployed next year I should have plenty of time on my hands to start a rough draft. Adam has decided the title of this book I will never write should be... Sexy Beast: Memoirs of a wife whose husband is to hot to handle. (I don't know why that is white, but I can't get it to change.)

Bless him Lord.

Friday night we ate at Big Daddy and D.D's and because our car is possessed by the devil, as soon as we got out and closed the door the horn blew notifying us that the door had automatically locked.  The keys were still in the ignition. Wasn't that nice of it? It almost left us stranded there for the night except D.D. bought a $2 car seat at the thrift store a while back so we used it and came home in their car. I never thought I'd see the day that I looked at a thrift store car seat as the bright side of things.

Saturday morning I saw the face of Jesus when I blacked out because a brown lizard jumped out of the mop I brought in from outside. I squealed like a little school girl when I composed myself enough to realize what was going on. Reese stood in shock while I possibly broke all of its legs trying to sling it outside with the mop. Then a spider fell out of the mop and I took it as a sign that I didn't need to mop the floors afterall. But cooler heads prevailed when I started calculating how long it had been since I had mopped. (Long enough for the mop to become a habitat for wildlife.) Thank goodness watch dog Dixie was on standby when I got the lizard out the door. It almost hit her in the face when it exited the house. The last I saw of it she was nursing it back to health. She's a compassionate soul, and not at all what I had hoped for when looking for a fierce watch dog.

Oh and speaking of wildlife. Last week Autie had a large...I don't know if I can bear to say it...rat in her mouth. That she had hunted down and killed with her tiny little paws. Hence the name rat terrier. But I know without a shadow of a doubt that she left the premises to kill it because if she didn't I am going to hate it that we have to move. I have really enjoyed living here.

Since Adam had to go be in the cabinet business again on Saturday morning and Reese got us up at 6 A.M. she and I went to look for her Easter dress.  (If there was one thing I learned last year it's that the early mother gets the Easter dress.) I had almost eaten a bowl of oatmeal before we left, but thank goodness I didn't because we passed right by a Hardees on our way, and the car voluntarily turned in and ordered 2 cinnamon raisin buscuits. One for me and one for Reese. And do y'all know that she hated it? Gagged when she tasted it. We left there and went straight to the hospital looking for her real mother because no child of mine could ever gag at a cinnamon raisin buscuit. It is perfection covered in sugary goodness, and I ate both of them. Since I'm trying to be a little healthier I opted for a diet Dr. Pepper and I didn't get my usual order of hash rounds. But today after school I hadto go pay the cinnamon raisin piper and run it off.

Saturday we had a slight change of plans and went to eat at Yume for Adam's cousin Jaycie's birthday dinner. You have not tasted adventure until you have ridden with Adam in town on a crowded Saturday night. We missed MaKenna's birthday party and Anna Kate called to tell me that "I miss you so much" when she found out we wouldn't be there. I feel sure it was Reese that she was missing, but I am going to pretend it was me too.

Unfortunately we have fallen into the Reese sleeping in the bed with us rut. She is cutting teeth and one thing lead to another and she thinks she needs to cry around 4 every morning and come to our bed. Except last night it was 11:00 and her daddy was in a foul mood because of it this morning. He misses an hour of sleep and he is hard to deal with.

P.S. Sewing/monogramming is dead to me. I had 2 birthday gifts I needed to make last week and neither happened because the sewing machine decided to lose its mind right when I needed it most. Seriously, I am so done with it. Until next week when I forget how mad it made me and I ruin yet another shirt trying to put a bunny on it.

P.P.S. One of my former C'burg students put on Facebook, "You know how they say you are what you eat? I'm sorry, I don't remember eating a sexy beast this morning." Adam is SO mad that he didn't come up with that, but he has big plans of using that quote once or 94 times in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Hold on for a couple of days..... the do itself
    sewing machine is on its way......

    ReplyDelete
  2. SEE.. once again I am laughing out loud as andy is happily snoring in his recliner ! lol
    I can just picture the lizard and the spider leaping from your mop , your squealing and poor little Reese shocked in amazement !! you REALLY should write a book ! and the name of it should be Sexy Beast aka: the clay county Frontier woman " keep posting ..i look forward to reading your posts ! love Bev

    ReplyDelete