Thursday, March 8, 2012

Meet Rudy

As in Rudy Ribeye.
Photobucket

I had some concerns about Rudy before he even showed up yesterday looking so cute. Actually just one concern. If  When I develop an emotional connection with Rudy I feared it would create a problem when the time came to...well, you know. Eat hamburgers. Or steak. Or tacos. Or, my personal favorite, spaghetti. Just as that thought was going through my mind Rudy slammed my hand against the side of the cow trailer while I was trying to feed him a bottle, and now that isn't a concern anymore. Then I saw this article on the news last night. If you love beef and have no way of raising a Rudy of your own then I do not recommend clicking on that link. It could tramatize you. Needless to say when that day comes and we all say our goodbyes to Rudy we will say the blessing over our next meal with thankful hearts that "pink slime" isn't on the menu. Or ammonia.

And thankful that PeePaw is willingly to get up on cold mornings and tend to Rudy and all his bottle feeding needs.

Reese was busy being a little angel when I made the announcement that Rudy had arrived. She got so excited and started running to the door. I think that shows she is going to be easy to entertain because she had NO idea who Rudy was. All she knew was that we were going somewhere.
Photobucket

(I came THIS close to not posting that picture because I fear you may question my parenting abilities since she is not in her proper seating harness.)(But Rudy just lives right THERE.)(In other words she is in greater danger of eating pink slime than not being in her carseat.)

Rudy was still a little unsure about his new surrounds yesterday so this was as close as Reese got to him, but I bet in a couple of days she'll be petting him and riding his back.
Photobucket

And on a completely un-Rudy-related note sewing is alive and well at our house. I quit being mad when MeeMaw showed up with this little piece of monogramming heaven. I wanted to take off yesterday and play with it all day, but then reality hit me and I remembered I have a staggering 6 sick days. And a little baby that is bound to need me to stay home with her one day when she's sick. So my projects will have to wait till this weekend.
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Love the one of her peeping into the trailer...I saw them on your mom's FB last night. Sadly, we don't have a cow trailer clean enough for Luke to peep inside, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elena,
    Reese is such a cutie but I know you know that already. She comes up to Aubrie every morning and tells her hey. She even danced the other morning for Aubrie while she watched and smiled from the exersaucer.
    You will have a new love for Rudy when you taste him in a hamburger. The article is flat out disgusting. So sad we ate store bought meat last night and I fed it to Hudson. GAG!!!!
    Love the new sewing machine. Sewing person bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am laughing so hard right now at your statement about Rudy slamming your head into the cow trailer!!! Not that it's funny, but just the way you said it!!!! And, my kids have ridden in the front seat since they were 3 days old! Like you, we only let them do it if we were going to Granny's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Brandi...the way you said that about feeling bad for Rudy then Rudy slamming your hand was just hilarious sounding!!! :) Hope your hand's ok though!!!
    I'm so happy you get to enjoy your Rudy (both alive and...not alive?!?!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...it was your hand...that's a little better :) I thought it said head!!! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. girl . you just crack me up ..i swear , you really should write a book ! i LOVE reading your post. you brighten my day.. always !
    love BEV

    ReplyDelete