Monday, April 5, 2010

Yard Sale Saturday

Friday night Adam decided that we should have a yard sale on Saturday morning. "Elena, its the first Saturday of the month. Everybody has a yard sale the first Saturday of the month" were the word he said. We had cleaned our garage out a few weeks ago and had already hauled our valuable yard sale items to the "perfect yard sale location"- the other words out of his mouth. The "perfect yard sale location" is the cabinet showroom Adam and his family own in Ashland. So at 5:30 on Saturday morning the alarm went off. At 10:30 we had made a whopping $31. The last yard sale I had I only made $30 and said I would never go to the trouble of a yard sale again...But there I was on "the first Saturday of the month" at the "perfect yard sale location" with $31 to my name. Luckily, right before we were getting ready to pack it up a couple of people stopped by and bought the mattress, 10 boxes of flooring, and a tread mill that doesn't work...which meant that we made a grand total of $165!

I thought we had some "valuable" items, but it doesn't seems as though anyone else thought so! Was it all junk? I refuse to believe it!

Now here is a "valuable" item for someone to purchase! He is a very good handy man and can fix almost anything...except that treadmill I sold!

And here it is the "perfect yard sale location!"


No comments:

Post a Comment