Monday, April 26, 2010

Yay for Race Weekend!

Although I am not a race fan I love race weekend! In Talladega County, which is where I teach, we get out a couple of days for the race...I assume it's because traffic is really bad in some areas of the county. This year we got Thursday, Friday, and Monday out of school!! So I had tons of plans starting with Adam, my mom, his mom, and myself going to look at baby furniture on Thursday. Well, before all of that fun began I had to help Baby Daddy lay sod in our backyard. Yep, you heard me, sod. For those of you with no prior sod experience let me inform you. It is NO fun! On Wednesday night at 7:00 Adam started laying the sod out in our backyard. I didn't get to get a good picture of how terrible our backyard looked because he started laying the sod before I got a chance, but this should give you an idea...

We moved into our house last October and it has been so wet all winter we really couldn't do anything about the back yard. I was embarassed for people to come over because it looked so bad!





Dixie loves the new sod!



After 2 nights of sod work and 1 day of planting flowers I am happy to say this is our new backyard. It still has a long way to go, but it's a start!


After all that yard work I got to go baby shopping. I was torn between getting a really pretty antique white set that we found and black. I loved the antique white but it seemed to only be appropriate for a little girl and since the furniture changes into a toddler bed and then a full size bed we wanted something that she will hopefully like well past childhood. Her Daddy doesn't seem to think it will last that long, but we'll see. This is what we ended up going with.



And here are Baby Robertson's first gifts. MeeMaw and PeePaw (my parents) gave her the Auburn stuff and Big Daddy and D.D. (Adam's parents) gave her the fishing pole.





















No comments:

Post a Comment