Thursday, September 15, 2011

The birthday girl walks...

Since her first steps last week she has only took a few more steps. Usually if we sit in the floor in front of her with a toy she will take a step or two. She took a few steps to PeePaw Wednesday and a few more to Auntie Heather today. But tonight she has been much more consistent. When going for her binky she took 6 consecutive steps. I got these few on video.






A year ago today we went to our final doctors appointment and decided to get induced. I went back and read this post and realized I never gave an explanation for why we decided to go the induction route. One simple reason: September in the South and Dr. Ballard said I could. If you've ever been preggo in September then you understand what I'm saying. It was HOT and I couldn't take it another minute. That Friday night I had to conduct the Homecoming ceremony at C'burg and I bet there were some nervous queen candidates that I was going to steal their thunder and go into labor right on that football field. Lucky for them she waited 3 more days for her grand debut.

And here we are 1 year later and she is walking with consistency. Oh, me. I'm going to go before I start the ugly cry.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! A YEAR!!! Unbelievable! She is just precious and I have loved watching her grow this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya on the September thing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete