Thursday, September 1, 2011

26 in the books

It's my birthday week. Actually it was my birthday month until today when September had to come and ruin it all. Oh I'm kidding. Now it's Reese's birthday month. But lets get back to me.

1. College football started tonight which lead me to declare that it's officially fall. In honor of this glorious day I hung my wreath on the front door and lit my favorite fall candle.

2. This really is the most wonderful time of the year. (Football starting. Not my birthday. But it being my birthday week/month doesn't hurt anything either.)

3. Birthdays really change when you have a baby. I honesty didn't think much about my birthday until Monday night when I was trying to decide where I wanted to go out to eat on Tuesday. (Really I didn't think about it until then even though Adam will say that I talked about it the first 29 days of the month. Y'all don't listen to him.)

4. I love birthday cards. Funny ones are the best! My favorite birthday card came from Uncle G. It read as follows: "For a Great Sister-In-Law Just a quick note to wish you a happy birthday....and to remind you of our family's strict "NO RETURN" policy- you're stuck with him" I'm still laughing at that.

5. It's very possible that D.D. picked out that card on Tuesday (my official birthday) while she was in town with Adam who was also buying my gifts.

6. That's the difference between us. I buy his birthday gifts weeks in advance. I also do him the favor of kindly (and inconspicuously, I might add) reminding him that it's my birthday MONTH on August 1st....then BAM the 30th sneaks up on him and he has to run to town and buy me something. (Just kidding. I am sure my gifts are well thought out and planning. For the 30 whole minutes it takes to get to Oxford.)

7. It's our differences that make us stronger.

8. But really A-master is a great gift giver. He got me all of the important things on my list.

9. My sweet momma had also lined my steps with mums.

10. And that's all I have concerning my 26th birthday.

11. 26? Really? Next year for my birthday I want time to slow down. Thank you very much.

P.S. We are 19 days away from our girl turning 1. I'm going to weep now.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited Fall is (almost) here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least Adam does buy you something. If you recal for my birthday my sweet hubby did not even say "Happy Birthday" until 3:09 that afternoon and I am sure that was only because his mom reminded him.....lol. Hope you had a wonderful Birthday Month!!!!

    ReplyDelete