Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Last Clay Bowl

Let's have a moment of silence for the fact that the Clay Bowl shall be no more.

We, at this house, are of the belief that 1 school in such a small county is a good thing, but we are also of the belief that it is a sad day knowing that this exciting game has come to an end. Matter of fact I almost let my emotions get the best of me yesterday when I started second guessing the new school.

The atmosphere yesterday at Lineville High School was so much fun. It took me back to my high school days. Earlier last week the faculty was asked to participate in a dance and cheer at the pep rally. The coach's even agreed to dance which made it so much funnier. There is a link to the dance on my Facebook page if you need a good laugh. It almost brought me to tears.

After school I met up with the A-master and we headed to the ball game. Mrs. Higgins, God bless her soul, had enough room for me and Reese to sit with her. And good seats she did have. 50 yard line. 2 rows from the top. At the gate Adam and I went our separate ways. And if you really get down to it that just shows that we have more dedication to our respective high schools than we do to our own marriage. Once we went our own ways the trash talking text messages began. I'm not going to tell y'all some of the things that were said because our pastor's wife reads this blog. (Oh, I'm just kidding.)( Sort of.) All I know is that it got to the point that I sent him a message telling him to stay at his Mommas for the night. That's when Jesus intervened and allowed my cell phone to die which promptly saved our marriage.

I was just about to send him this picture telling him that she's the only thing we have in common. How she went to sleep I will never know. She woke up quickly when Lineville scored.


This was Reese's first and last Clay Bowl and she got to spend it with some of her best friends Anna Kate and Ensleigh.






I am sad to see it come to an end, but I am glad that I got to be back at Lineville as part of the faculty for this last year.


By this morning Adam and I had agreed to disagree just so our lives could go on. We took the only thing we have in common to Cheaha for the fall festival where I searched high and low but never found a funnel cake. Can it really be called a fall festival if there aren't any funnel cakes? No.



Since she's a big girl now we turned her around in her seat. I know there are some people who say they should face backward until they are 2, but really? 2? Not us.




We are spending the rest of the weekend watching football games and trying to get over sore throats from all the yelling last night. And trying to refrain from arguing about a couple of questionable calls last night.

2 comments:

  1. I did see the video on facebook! I was laughing hysterically!!! When Michael Anderson came out and did his "little stunt" I lost it!!!!! The Coach Giddens at the end was even better....Oh my how funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I literally laugh out loud reading your blog!! Love this post!! Miss you all and hope to see you and that gorgeous girl soon!

    ReplyDelete