Sunday, September 18, 2011

The First Birthday Party!

It appears that we survived the first birthday party as Momma and Daddy, but there was a minute or two that I was doubting we'd make it out alive. At times over the past month (or two or three) of planning I felt like I was planning a wedding again. A lot more goes into a first birthday party than I realized. (There are people in my life that would say that I just make things more difficult than they have to be. Adam, I'm looking at you. We all have our opinions.) I know it comes as a shock to some of you, but I wanted the party to be a little on the fallish side with some girly flare.

Friday night at 9:00 the Daddy of The Year was out cutting twigs for my caramel apples. There was, of course, the expected eye roll when I told him I need 2o twigs widdled into a point on one end. But because he's THE A-master he made it happen. And I would like for him to know just how much his girl and I love him for making this parrty meet its potential.


I know she won't remember this party, but her Momma sure will;)




I fell in love with Adam all over again when he found a way to make my food signs stand
by using marshmellows. He is a man of many talents.












I used most of her monthly pictures with the onezie stickers to make a collage. It is so amazing to see how much she has changed in the last 12 months!






Big Daddy and D.D. got her this antique fire truck and fixed it up. This was her daddy's proudest moment.



MeeMaw's Sewing Shop was busy Friday making this outfit. So cute! MeeMaw has got skills;)





(Is it me or does her hair look red in this picture?)





















I used a Paula Deen recipe for the caramel apples. That Paula really knows her caramel. I'm not going to list everything that's in it because I don't want to remind myself how unhealthy it was, but I highly recommend it.









Darlene Lovelady did the cake and it was delicious. The top was strawberry because her Daddy gets all beside himself when strawberry cake is present.




We got her the playhouse which Adam has spent countless hours putting together over the last few weeks. MeeMaw and PeePaw got her the rocking chair.



Auntie Steph made the trip from Nashvega so she gets the award for furtherest to travel.









Reese with some of her cuz's.



I adore this little face!






The gift opening was a family affair. Andi said she was a veteran and she was going to show Reese how it was done.




Jolie and Red also helped out.



MeeMaw and PeePaw gave her a singing Tweety Bird card and she loved it!





Big Daddy and D.D. got her a couch like Anna Kates and she loves it too!







Then the big moment....the smash cake. She did not love it.

















Cuz Ollie made this sign and I love it! So cute!








Daddy said the sun wasn't going to set on this party without every toy being put together.









During the party I was trying to make pictures, get food put out etc....Elizabeth walked up and said not to worry about taking pictures and just enjoy the party because she was taking care of it. Thank you so much Elizabeth and I can't wait to see them!


And thanks to everyone who came to make her 1st birthday party special! We love you all! Oh, and thanks to our parents who babysat yesterday and ran around picking up food and such for us!

5 comments:

  1. WOWza! I'm tired just reading about it!! Looks like you all had fun, though. Can't wait to hear about it in person :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Reese!!! Great job on the party, Elena. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The party looks like it was great!!! And you are way ahead of me...I can't even think about blogging about it yet!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elena, she is honestly just too cute for words :) Looks like Reese had a marvelous 1st birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did such a good job on the party, Elena!! You are so talented . . . I love it! Reese looks like she had fun. Happy 1st birthday, Reese . . . a little late :)

    ReplyDelete