Tuesday, September 13, 2011

It's her birthday week!

It's here. It's the birthday week. It's the birthday party week. It's the week that a virus/strep throat is going around at school and daycare. And it's the week that her momma is going to run her self crazy trying to tie together all the decorating plans that I have in my head.

Speaking of the party. I had heard an ugly rumor last Friday that it might rain this weekend. I haven't been able to look at the weather since then. There is no way all my party plans will ever unfold appropriately inside our house. In the words of Doug Stone, love may grow best in little houses, but birthday parties do not. Ok, the song didn't exactly go like that, but it should have. Anyway, I made Adam watch the news tonight and break the weather conditions to me gently. Thankfully it's looking like a high of 79 and no rain. And I love nothing more than my girls first birthday party being surrounded by fall like temperatures.

Without further ado here are some of the pictures our friend Elizabeth did for her birthday party. She also did the invitation which, if everything goes as planned, is at the bottom of this post.
























Her invitation says:
I learned to laugh and squeal

Then sit and stand

And I can walk now if you hold my hand.

Come to my party

And celebrate a bit

See my first cake

I'll be wearing it!

Here is a pic of the back.




I would like to give Elizabeth props because the picture taking was in a battle with nap time, and the nap time almost won. We couldn't buy a smile. I'll post some pictures later this week of the family effort that went into these pictures. I love them and I will forever look back and cry about how precious she was and how I can't believe how fast she's grown.




Right now I don't have time to be emotional. There is a party at my house Saturday at 4 and in the words of somebody (I don't know who)... the show must go on.




Happy First Birthday week Reese E Cup!

2 comments:

  1. The pics are adorable!! My Jonah was sick at his first birthday party. The only good part was that he slept through most of it (he could just as easily have been whining the whole!) and at least there were plenty of people there to nurse him back to health. Hope Reesie has an AWESOME birthday party!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for sharing "the bug"...still not sure where we picked it up. I keep telling Luke he has to get better, because we have a lot of partying to do this weekend too! I hope Reese's party turns out great! :)

    ReplyDelete