Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What being the birthday girl looks like...

Well the birthday girl is having herself quiet the birthday week.

Today she stayed with D.D. in an effort to avoid the plague that has taken over at Mrs. Liz's. I know she has already been exposed, but you can't be too cautious where the stomach virus is concerned. Can I get an amen? So anyway, she stayed at the Grans house in which I have no doubt that she got everything her little heart could ever desire. Tomorrow she will be staying at MeeMaw's house. I fully expect that she will come home telling me about how she got to climb up and down the stairs and bang on the computer all day.

But isn't that what grandparents are for? To teach the young ones everything their parents would prefer they not know? And I can't speak for Adam's parents, but I know mine L-O-V-E teaching her things I don't approve of. Actually I can speak for Adam's parents...Big Daddy has just been itching for me to leave her for an extended period because he wants to teach her how to spit and violate every order we give her. Did y'all hear me? Spit. So lady like.

This afternoon she made a few calls to remind everybody she's the birthday girl.



She has also discovered the cereal cabinet and all of its glory. Every afternoon she plays in this cabinet while I do whatever it is I do. Currently everything I do involves her party in some way or another. But in my previous life (i.e. when her birthday party was a distant thought) I would attempt to make our house liveable. As of this very moment it looks like birthday party threw up in our living room. I shutter at the thought of someone stopping by unannounced this week.





Because horror of horrors if someone came in and saw our girl in her diaper digging around in a box of Apple Jacks.


This weekend (to be exact 6:30 Sunday morning) I was cleaning out Reese's room. And as I have mentioned before I don't have a lot of time this week for an emotional breakdown about how fast this past year has gone, but listen.... where has the time gone? I stored away cute little outfits that she wore 1 time and then BAM she outgrew them. And I thought to myself that we must have another little girl just so these outfits can be used again. Then I sat down and rested until the thought passed.


Why was I up at 6:30 Sunday morning? Oh, you know, because the girl decided to get up at 5:45 and cry from her room for her "mamamamamama". When she does that I can't resist. I went and got her, put her in our bed, and she went right back to sleep. But me? I begged myself to go back to sleep, but myself refused.


Anyway, Reese got her first birthday package on Saturday from our friends Ami and TJ and wore it Saturday night on a date with her momma and daddy. The headband and matching shirt was a hit! Reese says thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment