Tuesday, December 14, 2010

About the weekend...

So, when we last spoke or the last time you read whatever, we were planning the ever risky trip to WalMart on Friday night. Surprisingly, it wasn't too crowded and Adam didn't even threaten to use words that aren't Sunday School friendly. He was even gracious enough to drive me to all of my shopping destinations and sit in the car entertaining Reese while I ran in and quickly picked up the desired items.

He is a kind soul like that.

Most of those items consisted of what I was planning to wear to the dedication on Sunday. For reasons unknown my Sunday morning get-up had me in a state of near distress. Possibly due to the fact that it is still iffy as to whether the clothes I already own will or will not fit and of course I am so pale in the winter I basically glow in the dark.

The next time we dedicate a baby it will be smack in the middle of July and I hope my skin is tender from the amount of sun it has soaked up (says the girl who won't get in the tanning bed because of the risk of skin cancer!). And in that case I will wear a cotton summer dress and flip flops. Winter time requires so much more thought than that.

By the way- I ended up returing everything and wearing a dress that I already owned.
Anyway, we had a lovely evening in town which ended by my husband taking me to a candle lit dinner at Chick-Fil-A. He knows what I like.

Shopping puts her to sleep every time!


Saturday morning Reese Cup (enunciate the E at the end) allowed us to sleep half way through the day- 8 A.M. that is. I had seen this picture of a baby propped up on her arms with a Santa hat on so when we got up we tried just that pose. I failed miserably, but this is what I got...




And it only went down hill from here...




And by the way, how would you recommend that I spell Reese Cup...Reesie Cup, Reese E Cup...??? I am at a loss....Yes, I know I am asking how to spell it when I delcared while I was preggo that no one was allowed to call her this. One of the many things motherhood has changed about me.

And because we just didn't get enough of the shopping madness on Friday night Reese and I went bak on Saturday morning.

Side note about that trip: I swiped my card and pumped gas on our way home. As I pull off the owner of the store runs out the door motioning for me to come inside (he also had a very accusatory look on his face). When I asked what the problem was he informed me that, "Your card did not work ." All the while he has a look on his face that says he thinks I am trying to drive away without paying. I assured him that I would not have pulled off had I known the card didn't work. Ya'll please remind me to check that credit card statement and see if I was charged twice!

Anyway, we sat around the gas logs Saturday night and watched Christmas movies while Reese discovered her hands.















And then it started...Christmas family functions...Aren't these events what gives Christmas all its splendor? You know, home cooked meals, and big, loud family reunions!



Sunday after church we went to Adam's Aunt Rene's (technically his great aunt) for Christmas. Last Wednesday she celebrated either her 98th or 99th birthday, I can't remember. She LOVES Reese and always wants to hold her.


Adam's cuz and my friend since somewhere around kindergarten, Ollie





After getting Reese to sleep Ollie decided that she would lay her down so she could eat.

Of course the instant she realized that she wasn't being held those little eyes crack open



Side story: Do you see how her hands are over her face? That is how she sleeps now. Throughout the night she rubs her face which causes the paci to fall out of her mouth....which causes her to cry. I put the paci in. She goes to sleep and the cycle continues ALL night long!

Then Ollie thought her husband Jay needed a little practice. He protested saying that Reese wasn't big enough for him to hold, but then he looked at her sweet little face and couldn't resist her:)


And then he began to talk trash about the wonderful world of blogging and facebook so I am retaliating by posting this picture of him...








Becky, or as we lovingly call her "Aunt Bec"




And what's a family gathering without a group photo?



I am not sure what Uncle G is doing, but if I have ever wondered what hubby will be like in 25+ years I direct myself to the right of this picture. They are so much a like it is scary.


We then went home and watched a few more Chritmas movies and I stared at this precious little thing (or thang- depending on how southern you want to sound).




So much cuteness I can hardly stand it!

And that was our weekend...with more details than you ever cared to know:)

4 comments:

  1. I love all the pics! I called Jay this morning to tell him his pic was on your blog. He was secretly excited!!
    By the way, after you all left, Aunt Rene told Daddy she wished he would bring Reese C Cup to she her again. He said," I will."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless her heart! She is just sure that Reese is Josh's baby:) I guess she gets a pass since she is knocking on 100 years old:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am particularly in love with the face that she was making while sitting in her bouncy seat and the fact that she and Jay are both yawning at the same time. What sweet little babies they are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have finally learned how to post a comment and I do enjoy reading your blog and keeping up with the growing Reese. Thanks for the pictures on the blog. Aunt Bec

    ReplyDelete