Thursday, December 16, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree(s)...

I do love Christmas tress! And of course one Christmas trees just will not do. A couple years ago Adam and I went to Oxford the day after Christmas and I stumbled upon quiet a sale at Hobby Lobby and purchased multiple pencil trees, or as Adam calls them Charlie Brown trees. And by multiple I mean 5 pencil trees and one big tree in a box. It took us the better part of an hour trying to get them all in my car. A sweet man we go to church with appeared out of no where and said he had been sitting in his car laughing at us packing and re-packing the car trying to get all of the trees to fit.

Three of those pencil trees went to our house. The others were for D.D.




And our guest of honor for the month of December...



MeeMaw and PeePaw gave Reese these ornaments for her first Christmas. I would show you a picture of her whole tree but the lights went out on the top half so I only photographed the ornaments


This one lights up, but she had a really scared look on her face when I showed it to her with the lights twinkling
(this is the half that the lights went out)
I order this ornament and it is my favorite!

The traditional Christmas favorite.... I didn't realize how long this book is! She always starts to fuss before we get to the end. Short attention span- just like her daddy.



We have to get her really close to the tree for her to pay any attention to it at all.


I love this stocking! I didn't get a picture of our stockings because really who cares about us??










2 comments:

  1. I love the pencil trees. Although, I call them charlie brown trees too. I have told everyone I see how I want some of them. They haven't shown up in my house yet. Guess I'll have to go buy some my self. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look beautiful. I saw the stockings here in Auburn at Wrapsody. I almost got one for Anna Kate. However, I changed my mind and I'm going to be making our stocking by next Christmas. I have this weird thing about wanting our kids stockings to be matchy (not exactly alike, but similar).We still don't know how many kids we want to have; so I figured if I made them that I could make whatever I want and that it didn't matter how many we had. I could always make more. Silly I know.

    ReplyDelete