Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thursday Thirteen...Some random thoughts

1. In my mind Thursdays kick off the weekend because I think to myself, “Self- you only have one more day after this and the weekend is yours.”

2. Me and myself have some INTERESTING conversations at times. Can’t you tell?

3. So here I am, face to face with the weekend. Almost.

Since I am back at work weekends hold so much significance. Isn’t it funny how when you don’t work they don’t mean all that much? But here I am on Thursday face to face with the weekend. And oh the excitement!

4. This Sunday we will be standing before the Lord, family, and friends as we dedicate the most precious child I have ever given birth to. I thought I had purchased the perfect dress until I realized after speaking with my fashion advisor (BFF Steph) that it’s December, not July, and the dress just will not do. Mainly because it is sleeveless and my skin rates somewhere between pale and paler from mid October through April.

5. In my young and dumb day I would have gone to the tanning bed- aka the cancer bed- but I am so much wiser now…much to the disappointment of all of the age reversal lotion companies that I would have financially supported by the ripe old age of 35.

6. After launching into an extensive discussion concerning my attire for Sunday we officially declared that BBF Steph comes to me for a reality check on husbands, babies, etc while I look to her for advice on the ever changing world of fashion. Isn’t it nice to know we can be each others counselors for such life altering issues?

7. Finding the perfect dress post baby body just isn’t as exciting as finding the perfect dress pre baby body.

8. Wow, things just aren’t in the same spot as they used to be- referring to my body, not the location of the dresses in the store.

9. Speaking of post baby body- I love it when people approach me and ask, “Have you lost all of the baby weight?” Which, let me tell you, when you teach teenagers for a living they will tell you all about your weight, hair, clothes etc. Teens are brutal these days. Anyway, back to my point, isn’t it clear that the person asking knows you haven’t lost all of the weight when they have to ASK? Hello- If I looked like I had lost all of the weight wouldn’t they turn it into a statement- You look just like you did before the baby. But no, they have to put all sorts of self image doubts in my mind by questioning my weight status.

10. Don’t you just love this time of the year? I just can’t wait to ride around with the hubby and look at Christmas lights. The tackier they are the more excited he gets.

11. Speaking of this time of the year- last year I surprised Adam with nothing less than an iphone, and wow I am having a hard time trying to think of something to trump that gift. Any suggestions?

12. For reasons unknown to me I am having trouble with my list this year. We all know Christmas isn’t about receiving and all that jazz…but a girl needs a Christmas wish list. I have everything I need...hubby, baby Reese, roof over my head, food on the table etc etc but I am just certain there is something I WANT.

13. Back to this weekend- we are out of so many essential items at our house that we are taking our lives into our own hands and going to Wal Mart tomorrow night. I don’t know if you have ever attempted to do such a frightful thing on a Friday night at the beginning of the month. After the sixteenth person has stood in the middle of the aisle (acting like they don't see you trying to get around them) Adam will threaten to use words that aren't Sunday School friendly. We will leave there and the hubby will declare (once again) that he is never going back to Wal Mart and I will declare (once again) that I am never taking him grocery shopping again.

And because every post needs a picture of this sweet little thing....
(Many thanks to Auntie Allison for this precious get-up)



This is when she sleeps the best...look at those little piggies proped up on the bumper pad. Ah, the cuteness!


P.S. Do you know how it excited it makes me to see my random thoughts listed in order by number? I feel so organized and it makes me happy. Therefore, in the future, you could be seeing a lot more of these numbered posts.

4 comments:

  1. So about this baby dedication, are people that love her allowed to come? I don't know if we will be able to but I would like to have the option. Hush about your post baby body. You look fantabulous and make other people who have had babies sick I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, people such as yourself are invited, of course. It will be at the 8:30 service...which yes, is very early. The last baby that was dedicated there took like 30 seconds flat which is why I haven't really mentioned it because it really wasn't that big of a deal...you know, other than the fact that we are promising to raise her on the straight and narrow:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh what a crappy weekend to go out of town. I am missing SO So So much!!! First Bethany's wedding now this. I hope all goes according to plan. I know you will look beeeauuutiful!!! Mother like daughter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this post. This randomness pretty much sums up our daily chats!!:) Can't wait to see pics of you rocking that dress!! Reese cup is adorable in the last pic, well every pic of course, but that one is super cute.

    ReplyDelete