Friday, January 14, 2011

The end of 2010

I just can’t wait for the clock to strike 3 today. You know, because that is when the wee little ones run out of the school doors to a lovely yellow bus that waits to transport them to their home and thankfully away from C’burg High.

Fridays are great in and of themselves, but then when you add my sweet little baby waiting on me at daycare it makes them even greater.

So I am backtracking today. Which since I have diagnosed myself with Pregnant Brain” I feel I do a lot of lately.

So 2010 ended like this. I finally convinced myself to go to the doctor and get something for a wicked cold that I had been plagued with. And because I have a baby now I am always running late and was possibly speeding down the road resulting in the privilege of getting to speak with one of our law enforcement officers. Now let me defend myself here- the road I was traveling on has a 40 mile per hour limit- seriously people, 40 miles per hour. The snail in the road would have beat me to the doctors office. And you might recall that I got stopped several months back by one of Adam's high school friends- yeah, I was on that same road this time. Just can't learn my lesson can I! Anyway, not only was I speeding I also had snow on the windshield (Merry White Christmas to me) AND I did not have my drivers license. It was a banner day for me, let me tell you. So the lovely officer wrote me a ticket and proceeded to say, “let me do you a favor and get this snow off of your windshield.” Umm, no do me a favor and don’t write me a ticket. And thank goodness he wrote me a ticket- I had just been wondering what I would do with my Christmas money.

So I finally get to the doctor only to wait in the waiting room for 45 minutes. When I finally saw the doctor a shot was recommended. Umm, no. I am over 18 and I have rights too, you know. Unlike when I was a child and my momma would MAKE me take the shot. Adulthood is a beautiful thing. Anyway, did ya’ll know that there are so very few medications that I can take since I am still breastfeeding? I walked away with two prescriptions one in which I never took because I would have had to throw away the pumped milk for 24 hours (the stuff might be free, but that is no reason to be wasteful now is it??) The one I did take caused me to have some type of rash on my arm and after speaking with my pharmacy school friends I was notified to stop taking it. So that day left me with a speeding ticket, a co-pay, a nasty rash, and a slightly cured cold. Lovely.

Thankfully things picked up shortly after with a lunch date with BFF Steph. Which I have no pictures of, but we had a lovely lunch at Maggie’s- where we didn’t even have to talk over Reese’s cries because Maggie’s new owner, Kim, took her from us and pacified her during our meal.

The next afternoon lead to a surprise birthday party for LaRae. When we got there Anna Kate couldn’t play because sleep had taken over.







Shirts taste really good to Reese. Ollie got a much better picture, but she had her tongue way out licking Allison's shirt.


And here is the Baby Whisperer:)


Anna Kate wearing Reese's hair bow. I am pretty sure Reese is saying, "Momma put that camera down and be sure she doesn't drop me!"

All of the girl talk wore Reese out! She fell asleep just like this.


For New Years Eve we went to Adam Harris's house to gather with some of our favorite peeps.
LuLu was really concerned about her momma holding another baby


Sarah helped feed Reese


Reese was so excited that we let her stay up so late!




When LuLu finally got her momma back she passed out. We all had our babies there and Adrianne had hers too! Funny little dog.
2010 came in with a bang in the form of finding out I was preggo and it went out with a bang in the form of a speeding ticket:) It was a big, big year for me:)

3 comments:

  1. I love the pic with Anna Kate holding Reese.!!! Too cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to have to post my pics of Reese and Anna Kate from that day! Excited to see all of ya'll tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pic of AK and Reese is too, too cute!
    Two of the world's most adorable girls! Can't wait to see them and ya'll tomorrow!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete