Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Give credit where credit is due

Let me tell ya’ll about the hubby. I promise not to get all sappy. Somewhere around 6 years ago he pulled up to my trailer in Auburn (yes, we all lived in trailers and the funny is that it was actually “cool”- well, as cool as it can be considering it was a single wide in a college town) in an F150 wearing boots (or maybe he was in the infamous Auburn Fire Department uniform either way he was looking good enough to be my future husband:)) and pretty much swept me off my feet. And since then he has meet all of my expectations of what a husband should be. He makes me laugh really hard on most days.

Reese, if we ever decide to let you get married I am going to strongly encourage you to marry someone who makes you laugh because it makes life so much more fun.

So anyway, back to the hubby. He LOVES a project! And he LOVES to get new tools of all shapes and sizes. Every birthday and Christmas he has some type of tool on his list. But for reasons I don’t understand he never gets excited about the projects I need done. I mean who wouldn’t get excited about hanging pictures??? He spent all of Saturday doing “Honey Do’s” including painting, hanging pictures and diplomas, cleaning windows etc. All of this is thanks to a shower that we are hosting in a few weeks. So please let me thank you girls for letting us have the shower at our house because it helped me mark multiple things off of my To Do list!

And not only does he help out around the house he also helps out a lot with Reese. When she was getting up every 2 hours during the night he would get up, change her diaper and then I would feed her. Then when she started taking a bottle he got up to feed her just as many times as I did. Now that she goes to daycare he takes her on the mornings that he is not out of town.


We got these lovely documents hung...


When we decided to take on the task of putting gas logs in our house several things had to be moved off of the walls. Now see that is the type of project he enjoys- gas logs, sheet rock, crown mold... you know, the kind of things that take days and days to complete. But of course I get a lecture over a few pictures:)

I don't know if you have ever given it much thought...but when hanging multiple pictures that are different sizes it takes some mathmatical equations. That's why I left all of this to him- we all know I have never been a good math student:) After it was all said and done and he had put the screw hole just slightly to the right of what would be considered centered I was notified that these frames would never be moved again.

And there on the table are the tools from this years Christmas list.


And here she is loving her daddy.
Lately Reese has started falling asleep at night just like this
So sweet! She will touch his face and just stare at him.


Yeah, we pretty much think he is great:)

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I remember those days!! And to think it all started with something homemade from KJ, a camp out, a King George concert, and I could go on and on. I’ll never forget when I realized y’all were like really serious about this. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and most vividly I remember your hearing that he was just really crushing on me and I was so surpised when you told me that! Because, let me tell you I sure didn't realize it. Ahhh, good time. Good times.

    ReplyDelete