Monday, January 3, 2011

Off to daycare we go...

Today is the day. We dropped our sweet baby, the love of her mommas life, off at daycare. And we drove away and left her there. I am still a little shocked by this. Yes, I said "we." Adam and I both took her on her first day. Mainly because Adam had never been to Ms. Liz's- and because he secretly is a little traumatized by leaving her with a non family member. Reese will be staying at Ms. Elizabeth's (I call her Ms. Liz) which is only a hop and a skip from our house. She has kept a ton of kids including all of the nieces and nephews which makes it so much easier to leave her with Ms. Liz- she is practically family.

So when we left Adam declared that we almost called this whole "momma going back to work and leaving little baby at daycare" thing off. Why I asked? Surely not because I have begged for days on end for him to let me quit work. Oh no, of course that's not the reason. The reason- he had a horrible flashback to the one week his momma left him at daycare. Adam was fortunate enough to stay with his Granny Horn (D.D.'s mom) from birth till kindergarten. Let me tell ya'll- Adam loves his Granny Horn. Adam says D.D. thought that he needed to get used to being away from Granny Horn so that going to school would be easier. D.D. has another reason for it, but I just can't think of what it is at this very moment. (Have you ever heard of pregnant brain? I have it in the worse kind of way. I have forgotten to do some things lately that I am afraid to admit because the hubby might read this and kill me. You know, nothing life threatening like leaving the gas logs on while I went to town:) I would never do such) Anyway, Adam was sent to daycare for one week and while there he did the unthinkable and dove off the monkey bars and busted his head just so his momma would come pick him up! He was successful and was allowed to go back to his Granny Horn's. He says he didn't do this on purpose, but he did. He just doesn't want to admit it. I also have a traumatic day care story when I was little, but it isn't all that entertaining. My prayer is that our daughter does better at day care than either of us did.

Anyway, I didn't get her picture this morning, but I plan to this afternoon. And then you know, I will get her picture 5 years from now on her last day at day care and it will just make me so sad that my baby is growing up. And I will declare that time is passing too quickly and on and on and on.

So if you are really interested check back tomorrow and see her sweet little face after her first day at daycare.

1 comment:

  1. You seem to be okay, You haven't left work "sick" yet....right?

    ReplyDelete