Friday, January 21, 2011

Reminiscing...

For the last week when speaking with the hubby I have started so many sentences with, "This time last year..." And I would end the sentence with either, "we were about to get the shock of our lives" or "we were about to find out about that little piece of perfection laying over there."

One year ago today we found out we were expecting this sweet little thing (or thang, depending on how southern you want to sound)

(I realize I am over using these pictures, but I just love them. Makes me want to leave school right now and go kiss her face!)







I don't mean to sound over dramatic, but we were beyond surprised! By surprised I mean shook to the very core of my being. I remember everything about that day...I decided at school that I would take a test (which, in and of itself will make a girl nervous) and once the plan was in motion 3:00 could not come fast enough. I scarfed down a flat bread from Subway on my way home (no amount of nerves will stand in the way of my food), I ran in the door to take the test, and when I saw the word PREGNANT I sat down in the bathroom floor light headed. When I told Adam we sat in the living room for quiet a while wondering how, in 9 short months, we could be expected to raise a baby.

I only wish I would have taped Adam's reaction. Pale faced and shocked are 2 words that come to mind. But, you know, hindsight is 20/20.

And here we are 1 year later and living proof that HE knows better than we do. And I am sure HE was laughing looking down at us just the week before say, "January of 2011 we will start trying to have a baby." Young lad, by January of 2011 you will have a 4 month old:)

You can read about how I told Adam and how we told our parents here.

Today, with a thankful heart, I can say that the Lord knows better than we do about our very own lives. And oh how thankful I am that he decided to give us the above subject:)

No comments:

Post a Comment