Thursday, January 27, 2011

He's Back!

The hubby has been out of town this week, but due to my state of paranoia that someone will break in and try to kidnap/kill me I did not mention this.


Dear Potential Burglar,
If you speak with my hubby I am sure he will give you at least 10 good reasons that you DON'T want to kidnap me. I would be willing to bet these would make the list: 1. I tend to cost a lot in groceries 2. I can do some serious complaining if I am not happy. I can also give you some reasons: 1. thanks to the hubby I have a shotgun and a pistol 2. after an interesting afternoon a few years ago I know how to use them 3. and surprisingly, even to myself, I am not afraid to use them 4. I also own pepper spray 5. we have 2 fierce K9's in our yard and they will bark to notify me that you are lurking 5. don't let looks deceive, the little one can be as ferocious as the big one and they will bite your legs off and then lick you to death.
Sincerely, Elena

I completely blame my paranoia on my parents who made me this way by making me continuously aware of the bad things that can happen at every turn in life. PeePaw is especially fond of telling me all the ways to be precautious in life. In college he gave me an air tank in case I had a flat tire on some country road with no cell service. Since he didn't arm me with a weapon I assume he thought I could spray a bad guy in the face with the AIR and buy myself enough time to get away. Too bad all of his precaution advice was for naught since he lost all credibility with me when he declared that he was going to start drinking Mountain Dew in order to cut back on his caffeine. Ya'll.
So anyway myself and Reese have been holding the fort down on our own the last few days. And oh my goodness at the pressure to get up and get us both ready and gone before 6 A.M. Thankfully I can send Reese to daycare in her PJs which is exactly what has happened the last 3 mornings.
We had some carrots while we waited on him...which, as you can tell, were very yummy- proof, they are on her eye lid:)



My nephew Clay refers to Reese as "Big Eyes" and this is why!



Then he walked back in the door late last night and our little world started turning again.

And they loved on each other for a while.



And then Daddy woke her up from her nap for her bath (and in an effort for her to sleep all night- which worked like a charm!)- Except she was not happy about it!




And shortly after, fell fast asleep again!

Since hubby took a hiatus from us (and since I have about as many sick days as I do condos at the beach) he is playing Daddy today and taking our sweet baby to the doctor for her 4 month shots.
Doctor Stats: 13lbs 12oz. and 24 1/2 inches long
On a completely unrelated note- today is my other nephew, Brandon aka Little Red, 6th birthday. Since Adam and I started dating the month he was born we keep up with how many years we have been together by his birthday. He is one funny little kid!

And for your reading pleasure- a short story from C'burg- I had a student come to me today and apologize for her behavior yesterday. We had had a minor altercation in the hallway which left her in the office receiving her punishment for being highly disrespectful. Anyway, she came in my room this morning to announce that she was sorry for the way she acted... "My brother got arrested again yesterday and that is why I was in a bad mood." And I accepted her apology, but only because he had been sent to the pen AGAIN. If it had been his first offense she would have been up a creek:) My job makes me laugh and continuously say "Bless her/his heart"

5 comments:

  1. Love all your weapons you are armed with!!
    C-burg stories are the greatest!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, the one of Reese crying is Adam Robertson! HAHA. Some days I think she looks like you, and some days him! I guess only time will tell... In any case, she is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #6 potential burglar: Elena's dad is known for sheriffing around at all times during the day and specially at night. He is a blood-hound and can tell if the ground has changed at any given time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I am considering writing a book on C'burg because some funny funny things happen inside those walls. Adrianne, I totally agree- she looks so much like Adam in that picture and many more! MeeMaw, yes, I should have mentioned that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How funny, I needed a laugh today!!! C-ya'll tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete