Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Random thoughts from a momma running on 32 seconds of sleep....

I have some random issues that are weighing heavy on my heart. They are as follows:

On Saturday, after I had wasted 5 hours of my life sitting in a class to complete my teaching certificate (actually 9 hours were wasted seeing as I had to drive to Tuscaloosa for this class) I stopped by Super Target to purchase a few things. And Super it was. Ya'll have no idea how deprived we are that we have to buy all of our groceries at WalMart. But that is a rant for another day. So while wondering the aisles at Super Target my buggy wheels skreetched to a halt when I see that swimsuits are hanging on racks. I quickly did the math to discover that in 3 to 4 months I will be expected to introduce my baby to the swimming pool which will require me to get into one of these...If that doesn't strike fear in your heart then you are a better woman than me.


So here I am delcaring to all who care that I must begin an exercise regiment sooner rather than later. Because the clock is quickly ticking to the big reveal at the pool. I just hope everyone will be so facinated with my babies chubby rolls that they won't be worried about mine.
I was looking at my sweet baby last night and her little chubby fingers and thinking how they won't always look so cute and babyish. So I would like to document those dimpled knuckles and short stubby fingers with these pictures. (It is tough tough tough to get a picture of a busy babies hands!) Most attempts looked like this

But things started looking up when I promised her carrots and bananas if she would let me get a picture






Aren't dogs the funniest things sometimes? Ours make us laugh so hard...when they aren't making us mad digging up our yard. But really look how sweet. They are BFF. (BFF Steph, do not leave a dirty comment about my sweet Autie. I want you to start liking dogs more and in particular- Rat Terriers.)



Speaking of BFF Steph- during one of the 48 times we have talked over the weekend she said she loves how I refer to Reese as "my baby" as opposed to "our baby" or "Reese." Anything to entertain you, Steph. Anything.

If I don't make time to deep clean my house I am going to be driven to the brink of insanity. And trust me, it's a short trip.


I had to drop my baby off at daycare on Monday and today. I had just gotten over the bitterness of going back to work and then on Monday I relapsed. She was the very first kid there and as I drove off I calculated that she would be spending 10 hours there that day. 10 hours thanks to the fact that I drive a total of 2 hours everyday on top of an 8 hour work day. I almost revolted and refused to go to work. But then I thought of her college fund and how I desire to make deposits into that bottomless account. But more immediately I thought of the power bill and lets face it -that is one commodity I would rather not live without. Reese agreed and told me she totally understood why I had to leave her there. But still, 10 hours people. I am basically paying someone to raise my baby. But I am not bitter. Not at all.


Reese has started waking up during the night again. We try not to give her a bottle because we think it is habit that she is waking up wanting one. When I see on the monitor that she is stirring I start praying the ever popular promise prayer- Dear Lord, please let her go back to sleep and I promise to never again be too tired to do my Bible study before bed. HE must know that there will be times that I just can't keep that promise because he has chosen not to grant my request. Particularly on Sunday night when I got up 7 times to put the paci in her mouth. 7 times. Then at 1:30 I broke down and put her in our bed where she fell fast asleep. Last night she had a tummy ache and slept for 32 seconds. Good times.

So anyway, since I didn't sleep any last night I almost got myself a pick-me-up in the form of french toast sticks at Burger King this morning...but you know, that clock...tick, tick, tick.

5 comments:

  1. I won't make a dirty comment on the dogs either! But it is sooo funny! Cute dogs! And Reese is pretty adorable herself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, 1st off, I do like dogs. I think Dixie is beautiful!! I am not going to criticize your rat either because I know the love of the kind of dog you have as a child. It blinds you! :) I feel that way about dachshunds. I can still remember my mom & dad picking me up from Barfield school in 5th grade with Gabbie in the back as a surprise. So dachshunds will always hold a special place in my heart. I also remember, around 4th grade, I spent the night with you & we went to the sale barn & came home with you a rat terrier! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I remember that. Unfortunately that dog never got a name. He was referred to as Poochkin. Ah, to be simple minded like a 4th grader again. And I am sad to say his life ended with the back tires of someones vehicle. I think that was the exact trip to the sale barn that our parents had to come from the resturant to get on to us for making so much noise on the other side of the wall. Now what we were playing in the sales arena(or whatever you call it) of the cattle barn is beyond me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so wish I could remember all these things you say I did. Stephanie and Elena, I don't think I ever got onto you. haha Love you two.
    Elena, just put Reese in the bed with you like your moma and daddy did when you were a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elena, your blog is so cute and Reese is absolutely ADORABLE! And I am sure you are one of "those women" who will look great in a swim suit after having a baby!

    ReplyDelete